After 142 Years, Sherman Clay Has Gone out of Business
All Sherman Clay assets and piano inventory
Visit the Classic Pianos Website
has been acquired by Classic Pianos
Come visit our showroom:
10635 NE 8th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
Just East of Bellevue Square Between 106th and 108th Ave NE
About Classic Pianos
Four Generations in the Piano Business
A passion for the art of pianos is what distinguishes Classic Pianos of Washington from other piano retailers.
Today’s success of Classic Pianos is occurring during an uncertain business climate that witnessed the closing of at least two major Seattle / Bellevue piano stores in 2009: Washburn Piano Company, and Helmer’s Music.
In 2009 Maurice Unis and his 30-year old son, Brian, expanded their Pacific Northwest-based piano business into the Greater Seattle Area by acquiring the Bellevue location that had previously been occupied by Washburn Piano Company before its liquidation and store closing.
Despite the economic challenges that have faced small business owners in the United States during the past 75 years — from The Great Depression of 1935; to the recession of the mid-1970s; to the financial meltdown of banks, foreclosure of home mortgages, and record-setting liquidation of piano stores and small businesses coast-to-coast, Maurice Unis and his Classic Pianos family of “Piano People” have not only survived, they have grown and prospered.
Checklist of Today's Classic Advantages
Shop and Compare
- Higher Volume
- Maurice Unis and his Classic Pianos sales associates have won Top U.S. Dealer awards for Highest Retail Sales, Outstanding Community Service, and Artistic Piano Showroom Display from every piano manufacturer that they represent: Bösendorfer, Schimmel, Yamaha, Disklavier™, Clavinova by Yamaha, plus many others.
- Quantity Discount
- Classic Pianos receives a lower Wholesale Price on new inventory from piano manufacturers, than most other U.S. piano dealers are able to negotiate, because of the high annual sales volume. These savings can be passed on to customers.
- Lower Overhead
- Compared to other piano retail stores with high rent in downtown Seattle and expensive mall locations, Classic Pianos of Washington operates its Seattle area showroom in Bellevue ― up the street from Bellevue Square ― at 10635 NE 8th Street, Bellevue 98004.
- Greater Selection
- Over 300 new and used pianos are accessible from off site warehouse and storage facilities owned by Classic Pianos.
- Banking Connections
- Whenever U.S. dealers cannot make curtailments on financed (floored) inventory, bankers look to Maurice Unis and his networking Classic Pianos team to liquidate the pianos for them at substantial savings. Seattle area store closing sales have included Helmer’s Music and Washburn Piano Co.
- Professional Piano People
- Seasoned and knowledgeable sales associates of Classic Pianos include Certified Piano Technicians, Piano Teachers, Concerts & Events Managers, and Professional Pianists.
- Terms, Pricing, & Trade-up Policies
- Classic Pianos offers attractive long-term financing and guaranteed lowest prices...from entry-level console pianos to top-tier semi-and-full concert grands...plus a Five-star Lifetime Trade-up Policy that has become the envy of the entire piano industry ― coast-to-coast.