Recreating the touch, tone and power of the finest concert grands is just the beginning. Clavinova CSP is packed with thoughtful technology geared toward helping you become a better player. It turns your favorite songs into piano scores and teaches you how to play them. Lets you lead a virtual orchestra, join a jazz ensemble, add backup singers and more. Then allows you to control everything from an elegant app on your smart devices. It’s your favorite piano and favorite piano teacher all in one amazing instrument.
Exceptional Playing Experience
Featuring the latest GrandTouch™ / GrandTouch-S™ keyboards with a broad dynamic range of touch and response on the level of a grand piano. Excellent consistency and nuanced expression give you the utmost control over touch.
Thanks to Grand Expression Modeling, our groundbreaking new technology, you’ll experience limitless tonal variations. Any variation in the intensity and speed of your touch, and you’ll hear a nuanced difference in tone, one that’s almost identical to a grand piano.
Virtual Resonance Modeling performs real-time reproductions of the resonance created by the strings and body of the instrument – which are the foundation of a grand piano’s beautiful sound. Combined with the latest acoustic design technology, you’ll enjoy stunningly lifelike concert grand piano tone and feel.
- Stream Lights – guide you as you effortlessly follow musical notes and their timing with four LED lights moving towards the keys, ensuring accurate and synchronized playing as you learn your favorite songs. Use the Guide function to pause the song until you play the correct keys, helping you learn easily.
- Smart Pianist App – you have full control over your instrument using your smart device. Easily choose from a wide range of instrument sounds and switch between various virtual performance spaces, such as a concert hall or cathedral, enhancing your acoustic environment.
- Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial – grand piano sounds are recorded from our top-flight concert grand piano, the CFX, and the Imperial, the flagship model of Bösendorfer, known for its abundance of color and natural, warm feeling. Yamaha faithfully reproduces the idiosyncrasies of these concert grand pianos by carefully recording the entire tonal range of each of the 88 keys, making minute adjustments to capture the most harmonious tones each piano has to offer.
- Grand Expression Modeling – introduced in the CSP 200 Series, responds to the subtlest nuances of your touch, creating a limitless range of tonal expression of a grand piano. “Touch” refers to control, not only of intensity (softness/loudness) in playing, but also of the speed and depth with which the keys are pressed.
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) – creates a richly varied sound by simulating the complex sympathetic tones created when the vibrations of the strings are propagated to the soundboard and other strings, corresponding to the timing and intensity of key playing and pedaling. Clavinova pianos allow you to enjoy the same momentary dynamics and deep sympathetic sounds that are produced by the entire body of a grand piano.
- Binaural Sampling – is a groundbreaking method of simulating sound in which special microphones capture the piano the way it sounds in reality. This helps to create the ambience and the full, natural resonance of acoustic pianos in Clavinova pianos, making you feel as though you are sitting at a grand piano, even with headphones on.
- GrandTouch™ Keyboard with Counterweights – our latest keyboard features a broad dynamic range and faithful response to every nuance of touch that puts a wide expanse of tone—from delicate to bold—at your fingertips. Counterweights are embedded in the keys of a grand piano to balance the weight of the hammers and offer more precise control when playing delicately at low volumes.
- GP Response Damper Pedal – feature a damper pedal that continually detects depression depth and allows halfpedaling, which lets you make minute adjustments to pedal depression and return, changing the depth and character of the piano sound.
- 3-Way Speakers with Bi-Directional Horns – this powerful system features mid and treble units, as well as bass speakers, which are available only on the CSP 295—and all units are optimally balanced and placed accordingly in the body to simulate the sound image of a grand piano.
- Spruce Cone Speaker – Drawing from our experience in building both acoustic pianos and high-end speakers, the CSP 295 speaker cones use pulp from the same spruce wood used to make acoustic piano sound boards. The result is a more natural, piano-like attack to the sound.
- 1/4″ Microphone Input – allows you to connect a microphone so you can sing along while you play, hear your voice through the instrument’s speakers, and even record your performance to USB audio.
- HPH-100 Closed-Back Headphones
- FC7 Volume Pedal
- UD-WL01 USB Wireless LAN Adaptor
- Smart Pianist CSP App
- Rec’n’Share App
- Owner’s Manual
- USB cable (Type-C to Type-C)
- Power cord
- Matching Bench
Why Choose Classic Pianos?
We are the Premier Yamaha Piano Dealer in North America. In-store or online, we’re here to assist you any way we can with your purchase. If you have any questions at all, our experienced staff will be happy to answer all of them and help find the right piano for you. Learn more about what sets us apart.
Buy With Confidence